top of page
- Wed, 08 FebNew College OxfordThe Choir of New College, Oxford, sings music by Byrd live on BBC Radio 3: the Magnificat and Nunc dimittis from the ‘Great’ Service, the motet Exsurge Domine, and an introit by Byrd’s younger contemporary and fellow-anniversarian Thomas Weelkes. Open to the public; please be seated by 3:45pm.
- Sat, 25 FebSidney Sussex College Chapel, CambridgeA lecture/demonstration and masterclass on the keyboard music of William Byrd led by Dr Desmond Hunter.
- Sat, 11 MarOxfordStile Antico will lead and coach participants through a feast of Byrd’s music, chosen to mark 400 years since the composer’s death. The day will culminate with a grand service of evensong at 5pm, at which we will perform all the music that we have worked on during the afternoon.
- Sat, 18 MarStoller Hall, ManchesterAlongside the English Cornett and Sackbut Ensemble, the William Byrd Singers will take to The Stoller Hall stage to give voice to anthems and motets by Byrd & Weelkes, rounding the concert off with a complete performance of Byrd’s massive Great Service.
- Sat, 25 MarIngatestone HallCharity concert featuring Vocalium at Ingatestone Hall celebrating William Byrd in aid of National Axial Spondyloarthritis Society (NASS). Directed by Dr Dale Webb.
- Sat, 13 MaySt Stephen & St Agnes ChurchWindsor’s leading chamber choir bring you a concert commemorating 400 years since the death of renaissance composer William Byrd and his astonishing musical legacy. They will be singing one piece from each of his major publications spanning a range of his musical styles.
- 3-4 July, time TBCLincoln CathedralLincoln Cathedral is hosting a festival of events on the weekend of 30 June-4 July 2023 and invites the academic community (in its broadest sense) to a symposium that will take place on 3-4 July, in conjunction with Byrd-themed choral services and the dedication of a new memorial to Byrd.
bottom of page