top of page
- Sat 10 Jun10SatJunMelismata Choir: Master Byrd/Southwell10 Jun, 19:00 BSTSouthwell, Church St, Southwell NG25 0HD, UKA presentation of dramatised scenes from the life of William Byrd, illustrated by some of his most beautiful pieces of music.
- 17 Jun, 19:30 BSTOur Lady and St Michael’s, Abergavenny, 10 Pen-Y-Pound, Abergavenny NP7 5UD, UKUnicorn Singers present: Byrd's-Eye View Our Lady and St Michael’s Church, Pen y Pound, Abergavenny, NP7 5UD. Saturday June 17th at 7:30pm A celebration of the 400th anniversary of William Byrd's death with a flight through the composer's vast and varied output. Everything from Songs and Sonnet
- Sun 18 Jun18SunJunDavid Hatcher: The Ape, the Monkey and the Baboon/Tewkesbury18 Jun, 15:30Tewkesbury, 63 Church St, Tewkesbury GL20 5RZ, UKDAVID HATCHER AND FRIENDS David Hatcher, Claire Horáček, Tim Lin – viols The Ape, the Monkey, and the Baboon A celebration of the music of William Byrd and Thomas Weelkes.
- Thu 29 Jun29ThuJunTemple Church: William Byrd Festival/Temple Church, London29 Jun, 19:00 BST – 02 Jul, 19:00 BSTTemple Church, London, Temple, Temple, London EC4Y 7BB, UKThis summer (29th June - 2nd July), Temple Music celebrates William Byrd, one of the greatest composers of the Renaissance who died in 1623: Fretwork, Stile Antico, Westminster Cathedral Choir, Mahan Esfahani, and more!
- Fri 30 Jun30FriJunTom Robson: Byrd Song/Boxgrove30 Jun, 19:30 BSTBoxgrove, Church Ln, Boxgrove, Chichester PO18 0ED, UKTom Robson, tenor, is joined by Viol Consort Arculo to present a concert of music in celebration of the 400th Anniversary of the death of William Byrd as part of the Festival of Chichester.
- 30 Jun, 19:30 BSTSt Peter & St Paul, Stondon Massey, Stondon Massey, Brentwood, UKA talk written especially for the occasion by our church historian, and presented by local people, to commemorate the 400th anniversary of the great composer of the first Elizabethan age who lived in semi-retirement at Stondon Place in Stondon Massey.
- Sat 01 Jul01SatJulMartin Randall: Celebrating William Byrd/Lincoln Cathedral01 Jul, 14:00 BSTLincoln Cathedral, Minster Yard, Lincoln LN2 1PX, UKA Festival of Music in Lincolnshire (1–5 July 2023)
- Sun 02 Jul02SunJulNewport Cathedral: Byrd Choral Eucharist/Newport Cathedral02 Jul, 10:30 BSTNewport Cathedral, 105 Stow Hill, Newport NP20 4ED, UKChoral Eucharist celebrating the music of Byrd, on the Sunday closest to the anniversary of Byrd's death, including Byrd's 4 part Mass and "Ave verum corpus".
- Mon 03 Jul03MonJulChapel Royal: Byrd 400 Evensong/St James's Palace03 Jul, 18:00 BSTSt James's Palace, Marlborough Rd, St. James's, London SW1A 1BQ, UKAn evensong of music by William Byrd to celebrate his life on the eve of the 400th anniversary of his death, in the place where he was Organist and Gentleman in 1572. Please email email@example.com to apply for (free) tickets.
- Tue 04 Jul04TueJulFrancis Knights: Byrd Keyboard Music/Darwin College, Cambridge04 Jul, 19:30 BSTDarwin College, Cambridge, Silver St, Cambridge CB3 9EU, UKFrancis Knights (harpsichord) performs music by William Byrd for the 400th Anniversary. Admission free. Space is limited, so please book in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 04 Jul, 20:00 BSTChurch of St Peter and St Paul, Essex, Church of St Peter and St Paul, Stondon Massey, Essex CM15 0LDEvery year on the first Tuesday of July they perform a William Byrd Anniversary Concert at the Parish Church of St Peter and St Paul. This year, 2023, this annual event falls exactly on the 400th anniversary of his death.
- 09 Jul, 11:00 BSTSt Martin's Church, Salisbury , 24-18 St Martin's Church St, Salisbury SP1 2HY, UKSolemn Mass in memoriam William Byrd. The music will include his Mass for four voices (complete), Ave verum corpus, Justorum animae. Sung by Cantores Sanctis Diebus, director Nicholas Hale. Further information from: email@example.com
- 26 Jul, 18:30 BSTSnettisham, Church Rd, Snettisham, King's Lynn PE31 7NA, UKMusic at Snettisham: Celebrating William Byrd VESPRI SEGRETI directed by DAVID BANNISTER
- 01 Aug, 11:00 BSTTewkesbury Abbey, Church St, Tewkesbury GL20 5RZ, UKMusica Deo Sacra is Tewkesbury Abbey's festival of music in the liturgy, and this year many of the services include music by William Byrd. For this morning's Sung Eucharist the Mass will be Byrd's five part setting, with other music including his Venite comedite.
- 03 Aug, 18:00 BSTTewkesbury Abbey, Church St, Tewkesbury GL20 5RZ, UKThis special Choral Evensong features music by William Byrd and by his illustrious contemporary Thomas Weelkes, who died in the same year. Byrd's Great Service and Responses are framed by Weelkes' Alleluia! I heard a voice and When David heard.
- Sat 05 Aug05SatAugMander: From Byrd to Bach and back/Tewkesbury05 Aug, 15:00 BSTTewkesbury, Church Street, Tewkesbury GL20 5RZ, UKHarpsichordist Nathaniel Mander brings a programme to include music from the Elizabethan masters, Byrd (whose 400th anniversary is celebrated this year) and Gibbons, right up to the elegant brilliance of the baroque virtuosi, Bach and Handel.
- 3-4 July, time TBCLincoln Cathedral, Cathedral St, Lincoln LN2, UKLincoln Cathedral is hosting a festival of events on the weekend of 30 June-4 July 2023 and invites the academic community (in its broadest sense) to a symposium that will take place on 3-4 July, in conjunction with Byrd-themed choral services and the dedication of a new memorial to Byrd.
bottom of page